Did you know that 70% of Americans are overweight?
And that one in three are considered obese? In fact, 42% of adults in the U.S. gained an average of 29 pounds during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Obesity increases the risk for many serious diseases and health conditions:
- All-causes of death (mortality)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides
- Type 2 diabetes
- Coronary heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems
- Many types of cancer
- Low quality of life and self esteem
- Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders
- Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning
Your body also has a “set point” which is the number on the scale your weight normally hovers around. The treatment plan creates a new, lower set point after you lose your weight goal amount.
That is up to you, you can take your medicine with or without food.